I am happy to announce my forthcoming book My Dear Mama (the letters of Princess Marie of Romania and of her mother the Duchess of Coburg, 1901-1910) published by Rosvall Royal Books, Hardback, 464 pages (32 pp illustrations b&w); 23 March 2023. @ Rosvall Royal Books https://www.royalbooks.se/kategori/11/books.html
The book details King Michael’s exile period, together with that the Romanian political emigration connected with the monarch, permanently spied on by Romania’s communist regime’s secret services. It gathers in one place previously unpublished documents from the archives of the former communist secret services, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, etc.
1. Monarchy and exile (Sovereigns and rights; The fears instilled to the communists by the Juan Carlos model; Historical experiences: matrimonial alliances and dynasties, losing the throne; The Commencing of the exile, and the repudiation of abdication);
2. The King and his family (Royal marriage; the New family; the King’s mother; Uncle Pavlos; aunt Irene; The King in England; Celebrations; The Princesses in exile; Imago mundi, etc);
3. The Sovereign, the 10th May [former national day] and the government in exile (Rivalry; Radescu and the King; the new Romanian National Committee and Visoianu; Kersten Committee; The Exile between survival and surveillance; Crossroads)
4. Files, agents and codes (The King’s File; Complementary files; Nicolette Franck)
5. «Liberté pour la Roumanie!» (Switzerland, the heart of exile; Revolution and post-communism)
Documents (most from the communist secret services files and the diplomatic archives of Romania, USA; also extracts from the international press of the time relevant to the subject; transcripts from the Voice of America, Free Europe, BBC; transcriptions of King Michael’s interviews)
Kersten Committee, King Michael – min. 3:15- 4:52 & min. 24:47 – 26:05.
Source: HEARING BEFORE SELECT COMMITTEE TO INVESTIGATE INCORPORATION OF THE BALTIC STATES INTO THE USSR – National Archives and Records Administration.
You must be logged in to post a comment.